Thursday, September 12, 2013

Getting in the Groove

Here I am. Week 2 and creating another post. Ramping up my sewing efforts is a big deal and probably even more so is taking the time to write blog posts about it. This week should have been the settling in week for my household. We are on the third week of school for the kids and my partner is on his fourth week of working at a new job. Plus soccer for the kids. Plus new undergraduate and graduate courses for the adults. But we are not by any means settled into our schedule yet.

I write that and there are probably a hundred thousand nodding heads out there somewhere thinking the same types of things about their own crazy schedules. Fact is, I never let life settle in long enough to consider a regular schedule. It seems like just when things get to that point, I shake things up and find myself in a strange new wonderland. Something always seems to be changing and I like that. I embrace change. It's times of stability that drive me to do odd things. I am most comfortable among the chaos.

Even with the craziness that is, I managed to get sewing time in and finished project #2. I had better post the pictures before I run out of time again!





Project #2: Ruby Bag pattern by Artsy-Crafty Babe.

This fabric has been sitting in my stash for quite some time and I thought it would be a fun one to use in trying out this pattern. It was easy to use and quick to put together - even for me. The bag is bold and I think it would take the right bold person to pull it off but it will definitely draw some attention. As I expected, I didn't get as much of a reaction out of people on this one but all-in-all it is a more well constructed bag than #1 was.

Still not perfect but I'm getting more comfortable with the skills I have and more knowledgeable about the areas where I need help. I'm hoping that through this I can build confidence in sewing and can master a few tricks along the way. Next project is a market bag - two really - and I've already made headway on it so stay tuned...

No comments: